What to Know Before Your Injection Treatment
Read through this list before your injectable treatment at La Jolla Cosmetic Medical Spa; it’ll help you prepare for a more pleasant, comfortable treatment, faster healing, and gorgeous results!
Prior to your Injection Treatment:
- Delay treatment until active viral or bacterial infections have been resolved.
- Avoid treatment 2 weeks before and after vaccinations or dental work.
- Avoid Aspirins, Ibuprofen, Omega 3 or fish oil supplements 10-12 days prior.
- You can begin Arnica tablets and eat pineapple 7-10 days prior. These contain bromelain, which speeds up metabolism for improved healing.
- Avoid alcohol 2-3 days prior.
- Day of treatment: When you arrive, our team will assist you with cleansing and disinfecting your face. For lip injections, you will also rinse with chlorhexidine mouthwash.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with your skin.
- Do not use make-up for 12 hours and skin care products for 24 hours.
- For the first 48 hours, avoid the following:
- Extreme cold or heat
- Strenuous physical activity
- Massaging the treated area(s)